Last Updated: December 2, 2013
Welcome to horizonhelper.com, a Web site ("Site") of horizonhelper.com ("we" or "us").
We respect the privacy of those who access and/or use the Site ("you", "your", "user" or collectively "users") and are committed to protecting the personally identifiable information we collect.
1. WHAT WE DO We are a permission-based email marketing site. We collect and manage information you provide to us and to our clients. We also manage opt-in email lists generated by other organizations.
3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT We collect and manage two types of information. The first type is personal information that you actively choose to disclose ("Active Information") and the second type is anonymous aggregate information collected in a manner not visible to you or others visiting the Site ("Passive Information").
a. Active Information. Examples of personally identifiable information that you provide to us may include your first and last name, address, email address and telephone number. In providing Active Information, you consent and agree to being contacted with information related to your inquiry and/or information regarding our or third parties' products and services. If you provide personally identifiable information to us, you may later elect to have that information deleted from our files, or kept from being used by us for purposes other than for the service requested, by following the opt-out procedures set forth below.
b. Passive Information. We record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the information you click on, your browser type, IP address, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We may also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
4. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED We do not share or sell the Active Information you provide to us. However, we may share or sell Passive Information to our marketing partners and affiliates to provide you with commercial products that may be of interest. We also use this information to better target content in an effort to create a more personally relevant experience.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, such as your email address, which we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Each browser is different, so you may wish to review the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Note, however, that you may be required to enable cookies in order to use certain functions on our Site.
6. DO-NOT-TRACK POLICY FOR CALIFORNIA USERS We may collect your personally identifiable information while your Web browser's "do-not-track" features – or other mechanisms that provide choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about consumers' online activities – are activated. Further, while using our Site, third parties may collect personally identifiable information relating to your online activities when "do-not-track" technologies and similar mechanisms are activated.
7. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE We reserve the unequivocal right to release all your information, to the maximum extent permitted by law in the event that: (i) we believe that the Site is being or has been used to commit unlawful acts, (ii) the information is subpoenaed or otherwise required in a court proceeding, (iii) you violate or breach an agreement with the Site, (iv) you have submitted fraudulent or otherwise invalid information to this Site, (v) we believe that you may harm, or have harmed, the property or other rights of us, our employees, the Site's other users or any other third party, (vi) we are sold to or otherwise acquired by any individual, entity or organization (i.e. to a successor entity in the event of sale of the business, including merger, bankruptcy or other ownership change), or (vii) when we otherwise deem it necessary or appropriate. We may disclose any record or communication to any third party when we, in our sole discretion, determine the disclosure to be appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your e-mail address with other third parties for suppression purposes in compliance with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time to time, or any other applicable state or federal law, rule or regulation.
9. ACCESS/ACCURACY To the extent that you do provide us with certain personally identifiable information, we strive to maintain the accuracy of this information. Our goal is to provide a means to contact us should you need to review, update or correct your information. If for any reason those means are unavailable or inaccessible through the Site, you may send your request to review, update or correct your personally identifiable information by using our contact form and we will make reasonable efforts to comply as soon as possible.
10. SECURITY OF INFORMATION Use of the Site is at your own risk. Nonetheless, we do make reasonable efforts to secure your information, including, but not limited to, monitoring our network and data for intrusions. We also use industry-accepted standards to protect your information, including SSL encryption if transmitting sensitive information. Communications you may have with us via email or mail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your sending information.
11. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES The Site may contain links to third party Web sites including sites with which we have no affiliation. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. It is recommended you read the privacy policies on all such third party Web sites.
12. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER The Site is controlled and operated by use from the U.S., and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the U.S. Your information may be stored and/or processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the U.S., which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
13. CHILDREN If you are under 18, you may not access or use the Site. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. In compliance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under 13.
8127 Mesa Drive
Austin, Texas 78759